A vibrant Sierra Leone where emerging leaders inspire and create sustainable social change.
Igniting leadership and social change through education and empowerment.
Values, Beliefs and Principles.
We Value Love, learning, equality and social justice.
We embody the following core beliefs:
- All people are equal and everyone is unique
- All people thrive in experiences of love and hope
- All people, no matter our starting point, have potential for further growth
- All people have something to give (mutuality)
In partnership with us, you can count on a relationship, in which you feel:
- Valued for who you are
- Supported in what you want to achieve
- Challenged and empowered
- Confident that you are a part of something that matters
- Confident that your contributions are making a difference
Started in 2009 by our executive director Christina Bucholtz along with a colleague, Katie Cruickshank, the idea for our organization began as a dream to send youth to university. Over the years, we have bloomed into an effective, community-based organization that trains and empowers Sierra Leonean youth to serve as leaders, ones who speak out about issues that matter and actively work to improve the way things are. We still place a high value on education, but we value all levels and forms of education – from peer mentoring to HIV/AIDS sensitizations, from university scholarships to workshops we put on at high schools about teenage pregnancy.
We are now a registered charity in Canada, and a registered community based organization in Sierra Leone.
We now have 5 branches set up in Sierra Leone, located in Freetown, Waterloo, Makeni, Bo, and Kabala.